for the Resort & Dining in Charlottesville
With the June 23 reopening of our Charlottesville resort & dining, our entire staff is extremely happy to invite guests back for a stay at Boar’s Head Resort. Your arrival may look a little different as our staff will be wearing protective masks and practicing social distancing, but rest assured that we’ll all be sporting a huge smile behind those mask.
As a precaution to our guests and resort staff, all areas of the resort are implementing new Covid-19 safety standards. You’ll see a list of these standards at kiosks as you enter our main buildings. Below is just a sampling of some of the things we are doing. For full details, you can view our entire staff manual for Covid-19 guidelines by clicking here to download the entire staff training manual.
As a Forbes Recommended resort and a recipient of the AAA Excellence in Housekeeping award, Boar’s Head already has very stringent standards and guidelines for cleanliness. Below is a list of property-wide standards that have been added to our traditional standards.
All areas of the resort are being repeatedly sanitized especially in the high touch areas like doorknobs, light switches, elevator buttons, etc. This is in addition to regular systematic cleaning.
- Additional hand sanitizers and wipes will be placed around the property as supplies can be sourced.
- We are requiring any of our staffers who are not feeling well or showing possible symptoms to stay home.
- Our staff members will be wearing proper personal protection including masks and gloves, and there is a process to dispose of gloves after contact
- Plexiglass dividers will be in place in areas where there is closer communication with guests
- Credit card devices will be placed away from our staff and there are options in place for virtual keys using your smart phone
- Signage will be placed around the resort to remind people of social distancing and offer capacity requirements in higher-traffic or smaller settings
HOTEL ROOM GUIDELINES
We’re proud to say that even before Covid-19 our housekeeping staff was awarded the AAA Excellence in Housekeeping award, and they are also meticulously trained to Forbes standards. With Covid-19, our staff has received additional extensive training to assure the safety of guests and staff members.
- All hotel rooms will have bags that will allow the guests to seal up soiled towels and linens and rooms will all be cleaned with CDC-approved cleaners
- All notepads, pens and decorative pillows will be removed from each guest room
- Any guest-requested services to the room will be performed with contactless service
- All rooms will be fogged after guest departure and furniture will be wiped down and sanitized thoroughly
HOTEL DINING GUIDELINES
Our Food and Beverage team has implemented new best practice protocols. With a true consciousness of the Covid-19 situation, our management is taking several precautions including sending all of our cooks to obtain Covid-19 ServSsafe qualified certification.
- There will be a reduced capacity when dining is fully operational and our bars will remain closed.
- Plexiglass dividers will be placed at host/hostess stands
- All menus will be single use and are disposed of after each use
- All dining areas will be fogged with food-safe sanitizer daily
- Guest will have the ability to add gratuity verbally without a signature and a receipt will be given upon request
- There will be no options for buffets, and self-service beverages will not be available
The guidelines listed above are just an abbreviate version of what we are doing to keep our guests and staff safe and healthy through this Covid-19 pandemic. If you would like to see a deeper view of our overall staff guidelines, use the link below to download our extensive playbook that works as a manual for our staff here at Boar's Head Resort.