for The Sports Club & Birdwood Golf
THE SPORTS CLUB AT BOAR'S HEAD RESORT
Recreation and fitness are vital to human health, and this is at the core of our beliefs. Our entire Sports Club staff is dedicated to giving our members and guests the best fitness and playing experience while adhering to Covid-19 standards. Here are a few of the primary precautionary measures that you can expect while recreating here at Boar’s Head:
- There will be limited hours of operation and capacity requirements will be in place
- Our team will have designated times for cleaning, especially in high traffic areas
- All programs, classes, and areas require preregistration and check-in prior to use or participation
- All workout and hand towels will be issued at the front desk
- The rockwall will be closed, and the gym can be used under reservation only
- All children 18 and under must be supervised
- Tennis courts are open for reservation and will have specific play and use guidelines
- Time allotments will be provided for lap swimming at the pool
BIRDWOOD GOLF AT BOAR'S HEAD RESORT
Our brand-new Davis Love III golf course will be opening to the public for the first time in July while adhering to Virginia’s social distancing guidelines. Our driving range has remained operational throughout the Covid-19 pandemic, and our clubhouse also continues to offer contactless service. Below are some general guidelines we are following for safer play:
- When the clubhouse reopens, we will limit the capacity to 4 guests in the pro shop at one time
- Plexiglass dividers will be accommodated by self-bagging stations and credit card processing 6 feet away from the sales desk
- The driving range will be set up for self-service access with sanitization stations.
- The driving range hitting areas will be spaced appropriately to maintain social distancing.
- The course will have noodles in the cups to restrict people from reaching into the hole
- Practice area holes will be covered with a half-inch drop or raised lip
- Players will handle their own bags upon arrival and there will be one rider per cart
- Scorecards and pencils will be self-serve and available at the first tee
- All carts will be sprayed and sanitized after each use.
- For lessons, the instruction and student will both wear masks while never exchanging equipment
The guidelines listed above are just an abbreviate version of what we are doing to keep our guests and staff safe and healthy through this Covid-19 pandemic. If you would like to see a deeper view of our overall staff guidelines, use the link below to download our extensive playbook that works as a manual for our staff here at Boar's Head Resort.