Davis Love III Course
For tee times, call: (434) 293-GOLF
There is a new era of golf on the horizon at Boar’s Head Resort. Partnering with legendary PGA Professional Davis Love III and Love Golf Design (LGD), the resort has a brand-new golf experience that includes 18 new championship golf holes along with a new six-hole par-3 and putting course. The 18-hole course and putting course is officially open to the public while the par-3 course will debut in late fall or early spring. Click here for membership information.
Course designer Davis Love III expressed great praise for the new course, acknowledging “People are going to love the new Birdwood Golf Course because it is actually a new course. There are holes on all-new land, holes going in different directions than people remembered, plus a new putting course, short course and a new team building and practice facility for UVA men’s and women’s teams.”
Covid-19 Tee Time Booking Regulations
The new Davis Love III designed golf course opened to the public on July 1. Guests will be able to book tee times, and our Pro Shop will be open with capacity limits. Due to the high volume of tee-time requests, we are not permitting single riders for carts and are encouraging players to play with those they are comfortable with or play during times when walking is permitted. You can also request a cart with a divider between players. The Driving Range is currently open to the public with every other stall available in order to adhere to Virginia’s social distancing guidelines. In order to provide a safe golfing experience, we are following the guidelines of the PGA's Back 2 Golf 3-phase approach. Click here for full details.
Birdwood Preferred Golf Course Attire
Please enjoy Birdwood Golf Course and Birdwood practice facilities while wearing preferred golf attire. Following are some guidelines that will ensure a quality golf experience for everyone:
- For your safety, please use only soft spike golf shoes or tennis shoes/sneakers.
- Men, please wear shirts that have collars or turtleneck styles.
- Bermuda length shorts are acceptable.
- Women may wear sleeveless shirts and appropriate activewear shirts —collared shirts are not required.
- Skirts, shorts and skorts are acceptable.
- Please no halter tops, tank tops, yoga pants, sweat pants, cut off shorts, gym shorts, or denim.
- Appropriate outerwear and jackets may be worn during the off-season.
Some fun & Fast facts about the new course:
- Par 71 at approximately 4,000 – 7,200 yards with 6 sets of tees. View the scorecard to see all of the yardages.
- Par-3 course totaling six holes ranging anywhere from 80 to 145 yards each.
- Zoysia grass, known for both its lush resilience and ability to thrive in a variety of climates and conditions, will be utilized on the new course’s fairways.
- All greens are to be constructed with bentgrass – the premier putting surface for our region.
- The course tee boxes will be outfitted with Bermuda grass in an effort to provide a speedy recovery from divots.
- The outskirts will boast the fine fescues of Irish links mix which adds extensive visual appeal while giving it an environmentally friendly “links” look.
- The rough will comprise of a mixture of Fescue and Blue grasses.
- The new golf facilities cover just over 200 acres.
Birdwood Golf Course
The home stretch of the course features 3 signature holes – 15, 16 & 17 surrounding the historic Birdwood Mansion.
Complementing these signature holes is an extensive 31,000 square foot putting course. Nearly an acre in size, this unique addition has 18 holes lined with slopes and ridgelines mimicking the surrounding terrain and mountains, all situated directly behind the clubhouse back patio.