Adult Tennis Academy
Bring your game to a new level at one of Virginia’s finest resorts with a staff of some of the most qualified tennis professionals in the United States. The Boar's Head Adult Tennis Academy is a boutique style, adult program that is built around the knowledge that every player has a unique game and processes information differently. We customize our instruction to the players’ learning style, game style, level of play, and individual goals. Our goal as a staff is to take the players’ game to the next level while providing a fun experience on and off the court with all of the great amenities that Boar’s Head Resort has to offer.
Our Weekend Adult Tennis Academy includes the following:
- Eight Hours of tennis instruction with a 4:1 student-to-pro ratio that's offered year-round on most weekends
- Instruction focusing on court positioning, mental toughness and tactics & strategies
- Game situation drills for doubles and singles
- Tailored coaching designed to improve individual and team performance
- Unlimited outdoor court time, discounted indoor court time and use of the ball machine (based on availability)
Qualifications: Three players minimum* | $275 per person | Great for USTA teams
* Our tennis academies are specifically designed for pre-existing groups of three players or more. We are not able to partner individual players into academies. If you are an individual looking for a similar tennis experience, please ask about our daily drop-in clinics.
Call to Book Now: (434) 972-2238
Tips for Your Visit
Tennis at Boar's Head Sports Club is genuinely a fun and laid back experience. You’ll also find a ton of enthusiasm and overall love of the game and that’s a vibe that inherently flows from our members and instructors. Tennis is truly embedded into the culture here at Boar's Head! Below are a few tips and guidelines for your visit:
- Men’s dress code: Shirts with collars are not required, but please refrain from wearing cut-off or sleeveless shirts.
- Women’s dress code: Collars are also not required, but ladies are permitted to wear tennis-appropriate sleeveless shirts.
- Shoes to wear: We cherish our facilities so please wear soft-soled and non-marking shoes.
- What to bring: Feel free to bring your own, but we do provide towels and drinks for all participants.
- Is tipping permitted: If you enjoy your tennis instructors, they certainly enjoy and will appreciate your tips for their hard work.
And the biggest tip we can suggest to you and your group is to smile and have a lot of fun. After all, that’s what we are all here for!
The off-the-court benefits are just as rich! Enjoy complimentary resort amenities such as state-of-the-art fitness center, walking trails and fishing with complimentary equipment, and group exercise classes. At an additional charge take advantage of our championship golf course and dining in our four on-site restaurants.
While you are here, take advantage of these fine discounts exclusively for Tennis Academy participants:
Tennis Academy Perks:
- 10% returning participant
- 20% club member discount
- Room discount available up to 30% off standard nightly rate*
- Room package available with built in discount* and a $100 per person resort credit
- Based on availability and approval by the Director of Tennis at Boar's Head Resort
*Room discount is off the standard nightly rate at the time of booking. Rates are subject to change based on hotel occupancy and room type availability.
- 15% off racquets and shoes
- Free shipping on special orders
- 20% discount at the hotel retail corner (some exclusions apply)
Aside from staying at AAA Four Diamond resort and receiving top-level coaching, you'll also be experiencing one of the top tennis facilities in the eastern United States with numerous indoor and outdoor hard courts along with a multitude of outdoor clay courts. Boar's Head is a top 25 ranked tennis camp in the world by Tennis Resorts Online.
After the tennis is over for the day, Charlottesville has even more to offer. Visit Thomas Jefferson’s Monticello, or the homes of fellow presidents James Monroe and James Madison. Tour the University of Virginia. Explore Virginia wine and craft beer country. Wander the shops, restaurants, and entertainment venues on the vibrant Historic Downtown Mall. It’s all just minutes away.