Adult Tennis Academy
At Boar's Head Resort
Bring your game to a new level at one of Virginia’s finest resorts with a staff of some of the most qualified tennis professionals in the United States. The Boar's Head Adult Tennis Academy is a boutique style, adult program that is built around the knowledge that every player has a unique game and processes information differently. We customize our instruction to the players’ learning style, game style, level of play, and individual goals. Our goal as a staff is to take the players’ game to the next level while providing a fun experience on and off the court with all of the great amenities that Boar’s Head Resort has to offer.
Our Weekend Adult Tennis Academy includes the following:
- Eight Hours of tennis instruction with a 4:1 student-to-pro ratio that's offered year-round on most weekends
- Instruction focusing on court positioning, mental toughness and tactics & strategies
- Game situation drills for doubles and singles
- Tailored coaching designed to improve individual and team performance
- Unlimited outdoor court time, discounted indoor court time and use of the ball machine (based on availability)
Qualifications: Three players minimum | $275 per person | Great for USTA teams
The off-the-court benefits are just as rich! Enjoy complimentary resort amenities such as state-of-the-art fitness center, walking trails and fishing with complimentary equipment, and group exercise classes. At an additional charge take advantage of Boar’s Head Spa, our championship golf course and dining in our four on-site restaurants.
While you are here, take advantage of these fine discounts exclusively for Tennis Academy participants:
Tennis Academy Perks:
- 10% returning participant
- 20% club member discount
- Sunday through Thursday: 30% off best available room rate
- Friday and Saturdays: 15% off best available room rate
- Based on availability and approval by Director of Tennis
- Sunday through Thursday: 20% off
- Friiday and Saturday: 10% off
- 15% off racquets and shoes
- Free Shipping on special orders
- 20% discount at the Inn Store (some exclusions apply)
Last but not least, aside from staying at AAA Four Diamond resort and receiving top-level coaching, you'll also be experiencing one of the top tennis facilities in the eastern United States with 26 total courts including 12 indoor, 10 outdoor clay courts and four outdoor hard courts.
After the tennis is over for the day, Charlottesville has even more to offer. Visit Thomas Jefferson’s Monticello, or the homes of fellow presidents James Monroe and James Madison. Tour the University of Virginia. Explore Virginia wine and craft beer country. Wander the shops, restaurants, and entertainment venues on the vibrant Historic Downtown Mall. It’s all just minutes away.